This picture was taken in 1957 when the building was just a few years old. Previously the elementary grades were in with the upper grades in the old building just to the east of this building. The new building was used for many years until all grades in the consolidated district were bussed to the Skyline School complex north of town. The building has been used for several years as a residential care center.
Photo submitted to the Dallas County MOGenWeb by Linda Fowler Crawford.